Loss of husband

I lost my husband last June we were married 46 years it is such a horrible thing to bare it doesn’t feel real sometimes we had no children so very lonely although have got a 6 month old puppy she has helped hate weekends Xmas and new year awful just hoping things will get better miss him so much

I lost my beautiful husband Ian last August. I feel just like you although I have up and down days, still cry every day. I’m slowly coming to terms with the fact that he won’t ever walk through the front door again and know I will miss him for ever and grief forever. I believe he’s with me and will be always until we are together again. I feel his presence so much and continue to love him more and more. Our live will never die. Enjoy your puppy and take comfort in that we all know exactly how you feel. We have no choice but to carry on as best we can for our loved ones.
Take care Julie xx

Hi I lost my husband 2 weeks ago very suddenly and totally unexpected we’ve been married 29 years and we did everything together. I have great family support but I still feel so lonely and lost and at the minute not sure how my life can go on with out him . His funeral is on Thursday 14th I’m not sure how I will get through this day has I don’t feel ready to close that chapter yet

You will get through it tomorrow strength seems to come from somewhere you will do it for him it will be very hard I didn’t think I could go on had really bad times but Im getting there and hopefully you will but it will be a long journey i wrote my feelings down in a book each day found that helped and I talk to him lots swear at him as well for leaving me especially when things go wrong I hope all goes well tomorrow stay strong

I lost my husband to cancer on the 14th January it is so very hard just to keep going the days seem very long and I am finding sleep is a thing of the past Everyone says time a great healer but at the moment it does not feel like it

It will be 9 months tomorrow since my husband passed away, 38 hours after i was told further tests revealed he’d a malignancy. I still cannot come to terms with how sudden it was, and he didn’t have any symptoms to tell us there was such a sinister illness going on in his body. Up until the moment the doctors gave me the devastating news, he was scheduled to come home the following week. We’d celebrated our golden wedding anniversary March 30th little realising that exactly 2 months to the date I was attending his funeral. We have a grown up son and daughter who I see practically every day even if only for 5.minutes, but for the rest of our families, you’d thibk I had contracted a highly infectious disease. I haven’t seen or heard from them since the day of his funeral, apart from one of my sisters.

I too have a puppy, she’s 19 months old st the end of the month. Keep a me active and give a me reason to get up each day. I also look after our daughter’s dog.every day too.

Have bad days, some not so bad days, some days are a total rollercoaster. Although, last Friday, Saturday and yesterday have been what I would say my most better days if the last 9 months. Today back on the roller coaster once more. The anxiety attacks ate back with a vengeance and I’ve no way of controlling them.

It’s like a living nightmare and so very lonely.

Blessings lovely lady, and I truly hope the days ahead of you are as kind as they can be.

Your right the strength does keep coming from somewhere. I have days that are a complete meltdown. Crying and carrying on, can’t do anything, you all know what it’s like, next day I pull myself together and can’t imagine why I was such a drama queen the previous day. Yes I talk to my husband all the time, if I’m struggling I ask him to give me his support doesn’t matter where I am. Been in the supermarket many times having an anxiety attack. I ask Brian to help me and with this in mind I can carry on, even had to ask him for help yesterday in the Gym which I was visiting for the first time in five months. I put my head down on the handlebars of the bike and began crying. I asked Brian to help me although he had never liked the gym and I found myself apologising to him for asking him while there. The strength did come. I write my feeling down also everyday and it does help and I do tell him off for smiling at me from the coffee table when I feel rotten.

Sorry, meant my pup, Ada, is 9 months old, not 19, I tried to correct my post but somehow unable to do so.

Hi San5mic
very sorry for your loss.
I lost my beutiful husband of 30 years only 3 months ago. He was my world and could say still is. We didnt have children and the loneliness is so immense that i dont know if there is any future ahead. He was 60 and our retirement plans for this year are now all gone.
We all have such individual circumstances and at the same time we share so many similar and familiar feelings …
Tame care

Hi San5mic
I lost my beutiful husband of 30 years only 3 months ago. He was my world and could say still is. We didnt have children and the loneliness is so immense that i dont know if there is any future ahead. He was 60 and our retirement plans for this year are now all gone.
We all have such individual circumstances and at the same time we share so many similar and familiar feelings …
Tame care

Hi San5mic
Tame care