Loss of mum

I lost my Mum in December and my husband has left me. I am beyond broken and feel like ending my life. I cannot see an end to the pain i feel and just don’t want to go on.

2 Likes

Your mum would want you to go on living. Big hug xx

2 Likes

Hi @LM1605,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It sounds like you’re coping with so much right now. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed by things.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. We know that a lot of people experience suicidal thoughts when they are grieving. We have a video about it here which you might find helpful:

https://griefguide.sueryder.org/support/suicide

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

• If these thoughts of suicide become overwhelming, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

• You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please, @LM1605, get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,
Seaneen

3 Likes

I know how ubfeel i am going though the same just now. Speak to someone i spoke to.my doctor and she is very help.full. if u need to chat text us.

2 Likes

I just want the pain to go away.

I know i still want my mum back miss her so much.

1 Like

Having a bad day, don’t know what’s wrong with me. Just been to the gym and was on the running machine and suddenly had the urge to cry. Managed to control it until I was out of the building. At home now crying.

4 Likes

Irs good to cry

3 Likes

It’s so sad, that we are in different places and crying alone. Sending hugs.

1 Like

Sendi g bug hugs back. Not left my bedroo. In days olny getting up.let the dog out andcthen go back. Off work with depression as i cant cope. But i really do hope ur ok .

3 Likes

You’ve lost 2 very important people in your life, so it is understandable you will feel so bad.
You’re not the only one who feels like this. I lost both my parents in 2021, and my long-term parter of 4 years left me in October 2023. I have been feeling terrible.

2 Likes

I’m so very sorry. Life truly does test us at times. I

1 Like

Thank you, i appreciate it :heart::heart:

Hey, really sorry to hear this I know how you’re feeling as I lost my mum in December, New Year’s Eve…suddenly and it’s the worst feeling in the world. Definitely try to speak to someone… your doctor or cruise, im in the process of doing this myself.

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs x