Loss of my beautiful daughter

It is only 6 weeks since I lost my beautiful 39 year old daughter and I still feel like I am in a bad dream and that she will come through the door at any minute. She lived away from her home town with her husband of 10 years but when I didnt see her we talked on the phone nearly every day and I just yearn to talk to her, but the silence is so loud. I am so overwhelmed with pain and sadness and on some days it is unbearable. I do try very hard to do something each day but some days it is just impossible. Sending everyone big hugs who have lost someone they loved dearly.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. My 24 year old son died suddenly 8 months ago and one of yhe worst feelings is realising he’s never going to walk up the front path and through the front door ever again. Somedays I can be doing the most mundane thing and for 1 milli second I’ll think of him coming in, and then it’s like someone has physically stamped on my heart when I realise that he isn’t and will never come back.
I wish I could make it better for you and tell you of a way to take away the pain, but sadly I can’t. But I will say that 6 weeks without your beautiful daughter is not very long, so take deep breaths when this feeling overwhelms you and be kind to yourself. Tell someone when you feel overwhelmed with it all, there’s nothing they can do except listen and just be there in the moment for you.
Sending peace and love to you :heart:

1 Like

I really appreciate you taking the time to send me kind words of support. I am really sorry to hear about your loss and hope you are coping. Sending you big hugs. Take care x

2 Likes

Dear Clairbear1984
I am so sorry for your loss. My son born in 1984 too took his life eight weeks ago. I didn’t think I would survive it but I did and you will too.
Make a memory box perhaps of good times.
Sending you hugs
Sue

1 Like

Thank you Sue. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son but glad to hear you have found a way to cope with the pain of losing your child.

We are waiting to hear from the coroners office as to what caused our daughters death. She was in hospital at the time but there was no obvious cause. It is really adding to our pain of her loss.

Thank you for your post. Take care. Sending hugs xx

You sound like a lovely mum. I hope you get the results and find peace with the reply. I work in a hospital laboratory and know sometimes there isn’t a satisfactory answer. My deepfelt sympathy goes out to you and your husband at this time. Love xx

1 Like

Hi
I wanted to reach out as I too am awaiting reports from the coroners office as to how my son died. I think this is the hardest part of it all, knowing that your child is not coming home again but not knowing the reasons why. Everything seems to feel like it’s forever, even though it’s only weeks. I am sorry for your loss of your daughter, I hope that you are able to get some closure at least in the coming weeks x

I am really sorry to hear about your loss and that you find yourself in the same position as me awaiting the answer as to why your child passed away. I really do feel your pain. It is the hardest thing in the world to lose your child no matter how old they are but to have to wait like this is torture. I hope you are not waiting too long for answers. Be kind to yourself. Sending you caring hugs xx

Thank you, you too. Everything is so overwhelming at the moment and having this wait is so much worse. I am having to collect my son’s belongings from the police station today as he was found dead. The questions I ask myself every day I hope will lessen over time.
Hopefully you hear soon too with regards to the coroner x