Loss of my best friend

Hi, my best friend passed away at the end of 2022 following an illness that lasted around a year. She was so amazing, happy, friendly and full of life in the years we were friends. We helped each other through everything and raised our kids side by side.
Her illness was very traumatic as she was in pain and couldn’t communicate. I visited her right to the end.
I can’t believe she’s gone. Sometimes I feel so heartbroken and upset, then other times I can’t believe it’s real. I can’t envision the rest of my life without her, I thought we’d be 2 old ladies causing mischief in the old people’s home together.
I also feel that I shouldn’t be so upset as she had family that have more of a right to be upset than me. She was my only friend and I miss her so much every day. How do people get through this?

2 Likes

Hello @Howlu,

I’m so sorry to hear about your best friend. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and you are feeling heartbroken by her loss.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

1 Like

Dont feel bad about feeling upset you have every right too. I lost a close and dear friend only last week. He just died while having a xray dont know why yet i expect there will b a pm. only a couple of days before we was having a coffee together and he was telling me about his wife who is also in hospital with a broken leg, i cant visit due to covid and flu at hospital . i need to hug her and be there for her i feel guilty that i cant they are such dear friends and i know things are going to tough for her she has know family so i want to help but can’t.

2 Likes