Loss of my best friend

Hi, I lost my best friend of 40 years to suicide in September and I can’t seem to move on.
I feel guilty of going into a New year without her and I’m also hearing talk of her partner of 20+ years (who I also class as a friend) of already having women in her house, he was the one to find her so I can’t begin to know how he feels.
I haven’t seen him since the funeral, so I don’t know whether to confront him or just leave him to it, I just can’t bare the thought of that women in her house when he knew that she didn’t like her, we both had a mutual disliking of this woman.
What would you do?

Hello @Maddy74,

Thank you for reaching out. I’m so sorry about the loss of your friend - that is devastating.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer to their support, but you may wish to take a look at the following websites and organisations offering support to people who have been bereaved by suicide.

You might also want to explore our Online Bereavement Support, where you find our Grief Guide self-help platform, our Grief Coach text support service, and how to access our Online Bereavement Counselling.

Take good care,
Seaneen

I will do and thank you for your help.

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. I feel guilty too about not seeing my best friend’s cry for help. You are only human like me. Your best friend will love and understand you, like mine will. Love and peace to you x