Loss of my dad

Hi I wonder f anyone can help my dad passed in July 16 after a short illness I feel terribly guilty as I didn’t diagnose him quick enough as a nurse I feel I’ve let him down and although in my mind I know I haven’t my heart aches

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad passing away - it sounds as though it was very sudden. Guilt is a very common part of grief, and you will find that very many of the users on this site have struggled with it.

This site is a safe space where you can write honestly about those feelings that you might find hard to share in day-to-day life. You are among people who understand here, and hopefully you will get some supportive replies from others who have lost a parent.

While you wait, you may find it helpful to read and join in with some other recent conversations about losing a parent, such as this one: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/struggling-my-dads-death

If there is anything I can help with, or you have any questions about the site, just let me know.

Priscilla
Community Manager