Loss of my dad

I lost my dad 5 months ago and I’m struggling so much. He was my world and I’m struggling on how I’m going to carry on without him. I feel like I’m just existing and what is the point of being here without him. I’m so broken and don’t even know how to put myself back together again.

Hi DCH80, so sorry to hear of your loss. Our dad’s are extremely precious to us aren’t they. I miss mine and think of him so much still and it’s 12 years since he died. An amazing man. I continue to love him just the same as when he was here and I long to see him and chat to him. He made me laugh a lot.

Grief is the worst emotion. It tears us apart on a daily basis and I’m not sure it ever stops. Others say we learn to live with it. That thought in itself is heartbreaking.

I can’t tell you that it gets better judging by my own personal experience, I’m afraid. I can just say that you will always get support on this site and someone will always listen. People who are living through the same sadness and heartache as you. They all get it!

Please take care of yourself and try hard to remind yourself that your dad would always want the best for you. Try to live your best life, if only for him. You will keep him with you wherever you go and whatever you do, in your heart as well as your head. He won’t leave you. Why would he. He loves you still…x

So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 3 weeks ago. I am still so sad and heartbroken. I feel broken and I cant be fixed. I never imagined this much pain. Please know you are not alone. Peace to you

So sorry for your loss, my dad passed away 4 weeks ago and i feel so empty. I cared for my dad for 8 months he was my hero. The pain is so unbearable. Sending a big hug, i have been told it is one day at a time x