Loss of my grown up son.

I can’t believe that it is almost a year since I lost my son Daniel…I miss him so much, there are no words to express my pain.
Daniel went to sleep and never woke up, after months of waiting for some kind of reason…none was found.
His death certificate states, no cause found.
I don’t know how to explain what I feel, i have so many different emotions, its overwhelming.
Forgive me xx

5 Likes

Dear @Suzannab

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son. There are no words to describe the loss of a child and the pain that goes with it.

Many of our community members here have experienced the devastating loss of a child and will understand some of what you are going through. You can connect with them by using the search bar above. You may also want to reach out to these organisations, which have useful resources and can be of support .

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.
  • The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

For someone to talk to there is the Samaritans on 116 123 which is a free and confidential service and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I would like to share some Sue Ryder resources which can help you cope with your grief.

Bereavement is so overwhelming and carries a lot of emotions with good days and bad days. It is a journey to be taken at your pace, it is not a race.

There is nothing to forgive lovely, we the Community understand the pain you are going through . You are not alone, we are all here for you. Keeping reaching out here.

Take care.

Peppers xx

1 Like

I lost my son 9 months ago at 31 years old.
I to am struggling with the grief and pain I carry with me everyday.
I reached out to compassionate friends and they have been very helpful and supportive.
You can look them up online and find the nearest person to you.
I hope this helps and I share your dreadful loss.
Take care of yourself
Jayne x

2 Likes

Thank you Jayne, it is a pain like no other. My son was 37, but still my child.
Hope you get lots of love and support.
Suzanna x