Loss of my husband

Hello everyone. I’m a new member on here. I lost my lovely husband in May after him being taken to hospital mid December with Covid. He was there till he passed away from a hospital acquired infection and his time in hospital was horrific for him. Myself and my 2 adult children are struggling badly and are completely traumatised with everything he had to endure. He was 56 and we were together for 35 years. I loved him so much and cannot contemplate my life without him. I feel worse as time goes on. He is a heartbreaking loss to us all.

2 Likes

Hello @SMAC

I’m so sorry for your loss & that you have had to join us. Please know you are not alone. It’s 12 months this week that I lost my 56 year old husband to cancer/covid…it’s just awful… I can feel your pain and sympathise completely.

I really wish I could say something positive for you, but I’m struggling. Take everything at your own pace, one day, one hour at a time and be kind and gentle with yourself as best you can.

It’s an emotional rollercoaster and some days will be better than others…just try and go with it.

You take care & hugs…know that you are not alone. x

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I’m sorry for your loss as well. Life is definitely not fair

2 Likes

I want to hug you both. When I lost my wonderful man it was sudden and unexpected, but to see someone who was well suddenly struggle has to be so hard. I have a vision of his face just before I lost him, and it was scary. I wouldn’t want anyone to see that, and I am so glad our son was sleeping. You have to find some positive things that your partners would like you to do…challenge yourselves on their behalves, and share the triumphs and setbacks with them. I talk to mine a lot, message, I even dial his mobile…I know a voice message will delete quite quickly, but sometimes it’s a useful place to go

2 Likes

Oh my dears, im so sorry this happened to you . My hub was in hosp and slipped away unexpectedly ,the trauma is unthinkable. Everyone here is heartbroken. Wow finding a way forward is definately hard. My heart goes out to you ,your family, and everyone on this forum x

2 Likes

Hello @SuzyTee

All I can say was it was truly awful for me for 18 months. For you, it must be a dreadful shock to lose someone so suddenly, but I guess better for your partner as he did not suffer.

At the moment, if I am vertical, dressed, had some fresh air and done the dishes its a win and that is enough for me for now. With no motivation or energy, depleted by the prolonged emotional
trauma, the simplicity and routine helps get me through.

Although not physically here, I know my husband is always with me. I talk to him.
I even think I am channelling him when I start shouting at the news like he would have done.

It’s an emotional time, as not only is it 12 months since he passed, it would have been our 22 wedding anniversary this week…the emotional rollercoaster is at full speed.

Take care x

3 Likes

I lost my husband 22/11/22 very suddenly we don’t even know of what he was only 40 (I’m 39) I’m just over a week into it and the loneliness is the hardest part we have 2 kids (15 Yr old girl and 13 Yr old boy) and my son has been sleeping in my double bed with me as I can’t bear to alone at night. My LH best friend came over last night and I felt weirdly at peace after he left, I just feel the loneliness when my kids are school. I need things to do as my husband was on a 0 hr contract so was home alot of the time and I just miss his company. I just want him back I know I can do this I’m just terrified of never finding love again, especially when my kids grow up.

1 Like

get as much support as you can of family and friends for you and the children. Its going to be tough for you all.my hubby died unexpected in oct…we are broken …allow the tears …keep eating…take each day as it comes…dont rush…have another adult to stay with you to help while you are dealing with things if you can. here is a good way to reach out to others and try sort councelling as it does help alot . stay strong…im having too…not easy but you will do it …get rest as much as u can. thoughts with you all.

1 Like

I’m exactly the same I lost my husband to cancer on 21/11/22 to blood cancer my husband was 41 like you I’m 39. I have 2 girls 8 & 11.
Like you I feel incredibly lonely, my grief only properly hit me last weekend. I’m a wreck i sob my heart out everyday. My children wanted to go back to school which is good for them as they need the routine but I feel so lonely. The nights are horrible as we would always be together he was my soulmate.
I just can’t imagine my life without him, life is so cruel.
It doesn’t help that several people have told me I’m young enough to move on when I’m ready.
I don’t want to hear that I can never imagine moving on from the love of my life. He died 2 days after our 17th wedding anniversary and on the very day we had been together 22 years. He died in my arms.
I know what your going through it’s like a living hell, that you feel like your never going to get through x

3 Likes

im sorry for your terrible loss xx ive had a really bad day today…lonely…lost…feeling everythings pointless…totally sobbing…yes life is cruel . it upsets me because my hubby is missing out on so much and we should be doing everything together he was my whole life i just cant think of a happy future again .i dont want anyone else ill never love anyone the way i love him. my thoughts are with you all …keep warm xx

2 Likes

Dear @helenhelen
I could have written what you’ve written above. There seems like no way out. It’s horrific. I’m so sorry for your pain xx.

2 Likes