Loss of my husband

John I totally agree have lost my wife November 2022
I still mourn and go to grave nearly every day!
I try to see this as yes i go and have a great discussion
On todays news or am still waiting!!! For the next jobs
To do in the house ! I can’t sit still without cleaning or hoovering this gives me Reassurance that she is watching
Me always I hope it gets better! It will
All the best pal
Ray

4 Likes

Aw … bless you. Its awful when u come across stuff that means so much. I wore one of my husbands jumpers yesterday … my husband passed in december and im still very emotional too xx

I too hate seeing other couples together. I want to scream ‘please appreciate every minute you have together. Don’t take it for granted’. Lost my husband in November. Christmas and New Year were a nightmare and so was my birthday this month. I just don’t want this new life anymore. I sometimes feel like just giving up. The thought of years without him is too much to bare.

4 Likes

Aw jean ;( i lost my husband in december !!! Its rotten isn’t it ?? I cry everyday for him ! I wish i could turn the clock back 6 months … tbh i was god damn hystetical first few weeks after he passed and again after the funeral … but ive calmed down a bit now. My mum and dad are divorced and mum said that a bereavment is a bit like a divorce … cos theyve left you havent they ? :frowning: albeit it was cos they were poorly but they still left u in a way … its the saddness of it though jean that gets to you too isnt it ? - possibly shock too ;( xxxx

2 Likes

I think the shock must only just be waring off for me. I’ve cried more the last few days than in the beginning. The feeling of emptiness just seems to be getting worse. My life is just rubbish.

2 Likes

Bereavement isn’t like divorce. I’ve experienced both. The divorced don’t leave their clothes in the wardrobe and their books on the shelf for you to deal with. Their favourite food isn’t in the fridge. There is nothing like bereavement, whose icy fingers touch every corner of your life.

2 Likes

Do you think its a bit of a delayed reaction ? Cos if so you gotta go through it to come out the other end havent you ? You gotta work through your emotions … theres no getting around it is there ??? You take care of yourself ! Go pamper yourself jean … nice bath , with candles and lovely bubble bath, do your hair - just do something that makes u feel nice xx

1 Like

Thank you for your lovely, kind words, @Deb5. How are you feeling this evening? X.

So so you know :slight_smile: having moments tbh but very busy with new puppy i bought - so she keeps my mind off things. Thanks for asking. I do miss my husband’s company though . … like you. Ive invited my mum for tea tomorrow so looking forward to that. Its the lack of companionship thats the worse isnt it jean :frowning: xx night x

Oh really … is it much worse ? Guess my mum was just trying to make me feel better i dunno or was nearest she could liken it to - i think its hard forc people to understand how deep it goes x

No one understands until they go through it. 18 months on . Not many ask how you are ? But why should they? They have their own lives to lead and won’t worry about you . My daughter is moving out and the realisation that I am totally on my own is heartbreaking. She is excited buying a house and moving in . Why shouldn’t she be . She has her own life to lead and a long future ahead. Sorry for posting this very tearful today.

5 Likes

@Kwent
That’s bound to be tough on you even though it is right for your daughter. I’m lucky to still have my younger daughter here and that is likely to be for quite some time yet as she is a long way from independent.

Keep posting and get support from us.
Karen xxx

1 Like

No but i think dome prople certainly more than others try understand dont you think ? X