Loss of my husband

Dear Mattocks
My circumstances are very different to yours, I lost my beloved mum last year but I share your pain and I just wanted to send you the biggest hug ever. The funeral will be hard for you and your children but remember, the deep pain you’re feeling is witness to the extent of the love you have for your beloved husband. The love will never die but in time, the pain will ease. I pray for you and your family and for everyone on this sad but welcome forum.
Chris

Oh my love,
I’m so sorry to read your post, we each are here to find that small thread of support that a friendly stranger offers.
It is possibly the hardest most soul destroying thing to lose a person you love.
No amount of words can heal, but talk about it that really helps.
It will take time and people keep telling me it never goes away it just becomes part of life.
But post here, talk here, and make sure you push for counselling.
Be kind to yourself. Sending love and positivity your way xxx

So very sorry to read ur post , i lost my husband of 17 years on 2nd january its heartbeaking feel so very lonely taking every day as it comes for the sake of our 12 year old son .

Hello I lost my husband 6 November 2015 unexpectedly, my life is ruined

Hi No
I am so sorry for the loss.of your beloved husband I hope you are getting some kind of support though your heartbreaking time .
Thinking of you .
Lily

I feel the same, I lost my husband in May, we had been married 27 years. such a shock. Like other comments I used to cry all the time but it is gradually reducing although the hurt will never go away. I miss him so much, still think he is gong to walk in the door. No matter how many visitors I still feel very lonely even when they are here.

Hi
I’m just writing to say how sorry I am to everyone on this forum it is such a overwhelming journey for us all and we will all travel through it in different ways we will all have days that we just feel we can’t do this anymore but we still manage to get up the next morning.
Everything has a memory photos a jacket keys clothes in a wardrobe music things that were ones just everyday things now cause us pain .
I got up today showered dressed went to the local shop came back home and went into my husbands wardrobe and took the jacket he wore most days and sat on my bed crying and rocking my self back and forward with my husbands jacket in my arms I could smell him and the pain was so intense.
Like everyone else you will have your own things that you hold onto for some comfort.
I am praying that there is some kind of light at the end if there ever is one to the heartbreaking journey my prayers and big hugs to everyone.
Lily

1 Like

My husband always used to say ‘ the morning comes like it always does ‘ 6 November 2015 the morning may came but caused fatal consequences, I get up and the is long, and have u ever heard the record ‘ everybody hurt sometime ‘ R.E.M. or that’s me in the corner beside the facts ‘ I get up because my youngest child is still in school education, so it’s not what I have expected to become to soon widowed.

My husband and I had dinner nothing just a normal evening he then fell to the floor and I had to do resus on my husband on the floor while screaming down a phone for a ambulance.
Every time I walk into the living room I see my husband on the floor and my world stops .
Also to soon a widow .
Lily

Dear Mattocks2510

I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, am in a similar predicament. My husband, Martin, died in November 2017 from cancer. We married in 2015 and it all seems so surreal. I am a similar age to you, being 43. It is unfair and cruel and tough.

Martin wanted me to carry on and enjoy my life and this is what I am trying to do. I am currently on holiday with my friends who have all been brilliant.

I think if you can you need to keep busy and reach out to your friends and family for their support. You will get through
… it is hard but you need to get some sort of normality back into your life. The utter sadness of it all is so hard to bear but your husband would have wanted you to carry on and enjoy your life…
Take each day and keep supportive people around you.
Sending you love.

EmmaDuchess xx

Dear Mattocks,
My husband passed away on Jan 7th just 3 months after his diagnosis of brain tumour. I can’t offer much comfort I’m afraid, just that you are not alone. I seem to cry all the time. We had been together for 37years but only married for eight and a half. I find people difficult to cope with. We were happy with our own company and didn’t need anyone else and now I feel totally devastated. So many small reminders ; things that mean nothing to anyone else. I’m not much help, I’m afraid. I just hope somehow, it’ll get better but at present, the pain is indiscribable . As others have said, watching someone you love slowly deteriorate and become a shell and then just not recognisable is unbearable. Sorry I have no words to help except to send love and hugs XXTilly

Sorry for your loss, it will be so raw for you just now and a lot of confusion. I lost my partner on 5th October 2017 I’m 33 he was 40 death certificate states inconclusive found him on chair. We have a 7 year old daughter and together 16 years. My heart goes out to you my daughter is what gets me out of bed, I really feel for you the pain is indescribable and if it weren’t for my daughter I really wouldn’t want to be here. Your now on your journey alone in life it’s not nice and unbearable. The only thing I can say is try keep yourself busy with anything you enjoy at all the road ahead is going to be tough. I try reason with myself by saying it comes to us all and be thankful that we experienced the love we felt some people don’t get to experience it in a lifetime. Unfortunately ‘grief is the price we pay for love’ but that price is worth every second. Thinking of you and a lot of love sent your way, wish I could say it will get easier but I’m on same journey as yourself and still feel much the same xx

Hi, I am do, so sorry for you, I feel your pain, my husband was 41, also cancer. You are not alone, I am in Manchester if that helps. Xx