Loss of my husband

Hi.my husband of 45yrs passed away july 23…im struggling to cope without him…it still seems like yesterday. This is my 1st easter without him.i feel so lonely…

2 Likes

Hi @Yvonne2
My partner passed away Dec 23 so it’s my first Easter too. It’s been awful. My mood is really low , I miss him so much. It doesn’t help that most people are doing lovely family stuff and I’m sat on my own. Trying to find distractions but haven’t been able to. I can’t go out as my dogs not well. Just out for a short walk at least that helped a bit.

1 Like

My husband passed away 13 march 2024. I know exactly how you feel hun, i feel it too.x lots of hugs to you.x

1 Like

So hard isnt it. Hugs right bk to u xx

It is so difficult. People keep saying it gets better,but i find that hard to believe at this moment in time…

2 Likes

My first Easter too; such a lonely day, and with the lighter evening after the clock changing, it seems to have gone on for ever.

2 Likes

I agree hun, i try to keep myself busy but when the evening comes and the place is quiet thats when i start to break down. Its so hard when you’ve lost someone you have loved for so long.x

1 Like

Hi catrin. I agree it has been a long lonely day.sending hugs.x

1 Like

This is my second Easter without my husband and I’m still finding it tough to cope without him. Despite attempting to spend time with my two sisters and their husbands today, I really struggled, feeling the weight of my husband’s absence. I thought it gets easier but it seems like the 2nd year is harder than the first.

3 Likes

I wish there was somewhere we could go at times like Easter and Christmas to be supported by others who understand. I sometimes feel that I can’t talk about Alan any more because friends and family want the old me back. Its hard. x

1 Like

That be lovely . I speak openly about my hubby.had 2 conversations today.but very tearful. Im lucky to have my family and grandchildren around me…but its the nights i find difficult…this was my husbands best time of yr he didn’t like winter nights. Sending you all easter wishes as they say can only get better.x

1 Like

Thanks Yvonne2.

Your welcombe x