Loss of my late mum

After my mum passed away on the 3rd March 2020 after she suffered from a massive stroke and never regained consciousness we managed to have her funeral just before the first lockdown came in. But myself and my sister were unable to go back upto my dad’s until July this year so that we could collect her ashes from our dad so that we could interne her with her mum at the church where she was buried.
We managed to get that done on the 19th August which was very hard and distressing. I have now not long ago had a message from the vicar of the church that they are having a Advent Memorial Service on the 6th December 2021.
Myself and my sister are going to be attending so it will be another sad day coming up but I am sure that my mum would be looking down on us to thank us for thinking about her. Then going upto our dad’s on the 22nd December and staying with him over Christmas as we couldn’t last year due to lockdown. We are 100% going upto see him again this year and to give him some company and comfort.

Steve, that’s lovely that you can enjoy seeing your dad and having time together. It’s been an horrendous year for you and your sister and please enjoy the time together. I hope for everyone that 2022 is a happy and healthy year. Take care and thanks for posting. S xx

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind message it has been such a crap last couple of years but I am sure it will get better.
Just to wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Thanks that’s really nice of you. We are always here for you. S xx🎄