Loss of my mum

Hi

I loss my mum 4 months ago from a brain tumour.
For the last 3 months of her life i cared for her with my sister and held her hand as she passed.
We lost our dad when when we were very small.
I now feel so so lost and without purpose despite having my own family.
Mum was the glue that held us all together.
I feel sad most of the time

1 Like

Hello @Dunn8799,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your mum that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

The Brain Tumour Trust also offer practical and emotional support to anyone whom has lost someone to a brain tumour. This includes 8 sessions of free counselling. You can find out more by visiting their website:

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, I know how you are feeling as I lost my mum too 5 weeks ago and I’m struggling to come to terms with my loss also.
I think when you lose both parents it definitely hits you differently and I feel the same, lost without a sense of purpose, I think it’s normal to feel this way? I think no matter how old, you look to your parents for guidance and when they are no longer there you realise that you are alone in the world, even with your own family it’s very lonely.
4 months is really not very long at all, it will still be very raw for you, it’s been 4 years since I lost my dad and still hurts like hell.
Try to take time out for yourself if you can, you have been through an awful lot, just take one day at a time.
Over time it will become easier (I hope) although you never really heal you just learn to live with the hole in your heart and your precious memories x

1 Like