Loss of my son’s girlfriend of 3 yrs

I’m really struggling. When does this get better? Ever?
My 21 year old son’s girlfriend died in a horrible car crash about 4 months ago. They’d dated almost three years. He’s just confident he will always suffer and never find another person. That he’ll never have joy. Due to the nature of the accident he struggles going to his EMS job so isn’t working more than enough to pay the bills.
He’s just so sad and quiet.

I don’t know how to help him.

3 Likes

HI @Theresefrancis,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your son’s girlfriend.

I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share as well.

I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help your son right now.

We also have our Grief Kind campaign which help people who are supporting loved ones who are grieving. You can find out more on our website at Grief Kind - a Sue Ryder campaign | Sue Ryder

Take good care,

Kate
(Online Community team)

1 Like

Therese
We had a similar situation just happen about a month ago to our son’s girlfriend. He is spiraling out of control. I am so worried about him. Today he said he was broken and was always going to be broken. My heart breaks for him

Please I want to hear everything that has happened to your family this last year! Does it get better? If so what helped? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

But most of all I want to say how sorry I am for your loss. We are all feeling so alone in this. Did/do you? Our girl lived (well sort of) for five days in the hospital. I believe this was more traumatic than the actual accident. What happened in your case?

Sorry for all the questions. I am just so interested

Holly