Loss of my uncle

My uncle died last Saturday after a long illness that we don’t really know what it was he has spent the last 12 weeks in hospital and I’m finding it hard because I promised him I’d bring him home and look after him and that if it was that he was end of life I’d bring him home. We where not told it was end of life and it was not expected I can’t help but wish it was me who died and not him as less people would be hurting

Hello @Wellings ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your uncle and how you are feeling, this is truly awful for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

We also offer further supportwhich you might find helpful:

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex