Loss of my young sister

I recently lost my beloved sister ( younger than me ) leaving behind 2 young children in Ireland
My heart aches every day , the feeling that I cannot hug call / text just makes me sad
Having visited her resting place over Christmas I found it made me feel more anxious and I struggled with why ?
Why did this happen , why taken so young , why why it goes on
4 months nearly on and I’m not coping very well
Family all deal with things differently and in their own way , my mum cannot show her emotions ( my sister and I had a connection of feeling lost and favourites in the family of 4 children ) I so miss her beyond words

1 Like

Hello @Cwaters, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I can hear the pain in your words and want to let you know that you are not alone. Most of our members have experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

You say that your family deal with things differently and your mum can’t show her emotions. It sounds like you are feeling quite isolated at the moment, is that right? Some people find that having a space that’s just for them to talk through their loss can be helpful. We offer free Online Bereavement Counselling which is held via video chat. Cruse also offer counselling as well as live chat with trained counsellors. The Compassionate Friends have support groups for people who have lost a sibling, too.

I hope you’ll explore some of these options if some extra support could be helpful for you right now. Please do keep reaching out - we are here for you.

Take care
Seaneen

Thank you , I would like to join some Breavement support group it may help me

Yes , I feel I would grateful to get counselling

So sorry for your loss, please dont be hard on yourself, my younger sister died suddenly with no warning of death, she died July '21 and the pain is still very real, i felt when we got the phonecall she had died, a part of me died too, life sometimes makes no sense and is a very painful journey. After she died i would look all old people wondering why not them, why take someone young who had just found love and trying for a baby, i now feel she was rescued from future hurts, her husband had moved on within a year of her death and the day after her death sold her car and got a BMW. Our brains were going crazy initially thinking he had poisoned her, greif can make you a think crazy thoughts, the anger, sadness, pain is lot but the gaps get longer for you to move forward a bit, its over a year later and still hurts like mad, please be kind to yourself, greif is journey, a painful one and you are not alone, take care x

Thank you so much for taking the time to message me , I am grateful I am so sorry for your loss , as you said it’s so painful and grief is a journey I hope you are doing ok
I miss things like texting my sister as I’m in the Uk she is in Ireland , I found myself reading about the spirit world trying to understand where she is and what is she doing
All sorts of things about her passing etc , It was driving me crazy in ways , at Christmas I visited her resting place twice a day , due the lllll the time of year also and the first Christmas without her , I really struggled

New year I decided to try and focus on happy memories
I light my candle by her photo every night blow out and say good night to her

It’s comforting to hear from others and makes me realise I’m not alone on this journey
Thank you