Loss of nan 😭

On my the 4th my nan was diagnosed with mouth cancer after battling cancer 4 times this time was the last time. My nan on the 29th passed away sadly. I spent the last week looking after nan and giving her personal care spending hours by her bed side. Making sure she had everything she needed I would cry myself to sleep the weeks before knowing it won’t be long. The long nights ahead sitting by her bed while she sleeps and wakes up in panic. It came to the time when the nurse said as a family you need to decide with your nan if it’s time for a syringe drive. Nan agreed it was time she went to sleep and the family were with her with this descision. 2 days later on the 29th nan went to sleep. It was the most hardest thing I had to deal with I felt heartbroken and I hurt everyday knowing I will never see her again I miss her. And I don’t know how to deal with all this pain that I have inside.

3 Likes

Hello @Gemmah,

I’m Seaneen and I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your nan that brings you here.

From reading your posts, it’s good that you’ve been reaching out to others who have lost their grandparent - I really hope you find the community to be a support to you.

I just wanted to share some Sue Ryder resources that might help you right now:

You might also want to look at our Coping with the death of a grandparent support page.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Seaneen

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Nanny 3 weeks ago on Wednesday gone and it has been the most surreal time of my life, I genuinely have never felt this lost, empty and devastated in my life.
We found out on may 9th that Nanas cancer had spread to her brain and her decline was so quick after that. I can completely understand how you’re feeling. I’m struggling to know how I am going to get through life without her now, my world is broken. Please if you ever feel like you need to talk message me. Take care of yourself xx

I’m so sorry for your loss,
I lost my granny a year ago she had pancreatic cancer.
I nursed her until she died it was a horrendous death for such a kind and beautiful sole, I’m angry I’m sad I’m so much emotions but it’s only just hit me some days I can’t cope the anxiety and knots in my stomach are horrendous.
I do t think I’ll ever get over This we were so close, I feel like I can’t talk to family members as they’re grieving aswell and I want to be there for them.
I’m sorry for such a long winded post it is something I wouldn’t normally do this but I just need to tell someone how I feel