Loss of parents

Evening,

I’m new to this group, I’ve had counselling after my mum died June last year ,after watching her die once then come back and pass away 7mths later at home.
Mum died in June 2021 then July 2021 my grandad passed away from covid this was very sudden … we had some good news as my sons partner was pregnant so this kept me going . Our granddaughter was born in January 2022 and we thought things were going good …sad mum wasn’t here to meet her and my grandad, but things were good… 2 weeks later after a phone call off my sister in law asking if I could go to my dad’s house as I have keys to see where he was , unfortunately I found my dad passed away in his chair ! I’m not quite sure I’ve processed what’s happened over the past months , 3 funerals in 7mths lost both my parents who were late seventys…ive never felt so lost. I’m being strong for everyone and keep alot of feelings to myself, I don’t want my family seeing me upset , I have a cry when nobody is about ,
Just wish I could tall to them one more time , miss them all so much :cry:

Hello @Sam1996 ,

I’m Seaneen, the Online Community Manager. I just wanted to say thank you for joining us and sharing your experiences; you’ve been through so much in such a short period of time, and I’m so sorry for all your losses.

Most of our members have lost loved ones and will be able to relate what you’re going through. I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to share some resources with you which you might find helpful at this time:

• Our recently launched Grief Self-Help Service which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief
  • If you feel that further counselling might be helpful, we offer online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. You can find more information about the service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support. You are not alone - please do keep reaching out.

Take care,

Seaneen