Loss of son

Hi, i lost my son in September 2022. He’d just turned 30 in August. It wasnt expected and it was myself that found him. What i saw, no parent should ever see. The previous year September 2021, i lost my mum , and February 2023, my twin sister. Three loses in about 18 months. Ive not had chance to grieve any of them properly with being so close. I can suddenly burst into tears with no warning, or another time I’m just so angry. Getting support off others thats also had similar experiences, would help, if only a little.

1 Like

Hello @Ann60,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you’re feeling. I’m so sorry for the loss of your son, as well as your mum and twin sister. That is so much to cope with.

You are not alone - sadly, many of our members have experienced the loss of a child. I also just want to reassure you that anger is completely normal, and you are not alone with that, too.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out.

Take care,
Seaneen

No person should ever see the death of their child. It just seem t o be what a lot of people here have seen. Just.think you have had 30 years of him, some people don’t even get that,think of all the lovely things you did together.Take care of yourself

1 Like

I hope this chat helps you some way, even just by opening up and saying how you feel, sometimes you don’t need advice, just to say how you are feeling and reading it back can help. You’ve made a step forward :heart:

I lost my son age 19 just over 2 years ago,I’d be lying if I said it gets easier as I’m finding it harder as each day passes,the only thing I can say is remember the good times,happy memories and talk about him daily, and if people aren’t there for you just cut them out of your life,this is when you realise who really cares about you.my heart goes out to you and I hope this site helps,x