Loss off my daughter

I lost my daughter she was only 24 years old. She took her own life in july . My heart is constantly breaking , i am struggling and i feel so guilty and wish i could have done something :broken_heart:

Its so hard my son went the start of August I think the shock is now wearing off and as reality is starting to sink in along with Christmas being pushed everywhere happy families and I will never have my happy family again. The SOBs boards are very good as we all have similar guilt

My emotions are all over the place , just wish i had the answers . Frustration is so overwhelming . Sorry for your loss . She died on the 24th july :broken_heart:. I thought i had experienced pain in my life , i hadnt this is pain :broken_heart:

I never new you could feel this much pain its physical and mentally. Chatting to others on SoBs has been my lifeline everyone understands

1 Like

I know :broken_heart:. I will have to try that group , its a constant struggle and xmas aswell :sleepy:. I just miss her so much :cry:

1 Like

I feel so sad you lost your daughter. I understand what you’re going through.
I lost my 33yr old daughter to suicide three months ago.
I brought my girls up by myself, my other daughter and myself are not coping too well. Christmas and New year was awful without her. She had Asperger’s syndrome and struggled with it her whole adult life.

Caley its so hard my son had dyspraxia with Autistic traits, all he wanted was to fit in and have friends but he thought that was impossible. Thanks to google he had decided that he should have met his partner by the age of 21 so he had failed at that as well.

1 Like

Hi Taff
That is so hard to read, so so sorry.
My daughter spent her whole life trying to mask her symptoms to fit in, always saying she hated being autistic.
As an adult it was so hard to keep her safe, due to her vulnerability she was taken advantage of by people she thought were friends.

I tried my hardest to tell him being different was good, but he wanted to blend in and tried to help with internet searches , rather than speaking to people. He thought he was rational but if he had spoken to us we could have told him what was not rational.

1 Like

It’s the worst pain a parent can ever feel. I lost my daughter October 23 she will be forever 29 and like @Taff said earlier SoBs has helped me so so much. I struggle to get up each day and I struggle with my thoughts constantly. I always tell myself I have failed as a mom, I should have known there was something wrong, I should have seen the signs, I should have JUST known. I should have saved her. I should have been there to stop her. I will NEVER get over this. The only reason I’m still breathing is because of my other 2 children. The devastation has ripped our entire family apart…I feel your pain and just wanted to send you my thoughts and love x

I really feel for you, no body can truly understand, they can only imagine how awful this is.
It is still very early days for us both. I wake up with the realisation of this every day sometimes I cry before I get out of bed.
I think it’s normal to feel guilt, I do too. I see a CPN/counselor at my GP surgery every couple of weeks.
I also thought my life wasn’t worth living without my daughter but I have another daughter and two grandchildren so I have to be strong.
I was in such shock for the first month at least and asked when will this sink in. Was told, six months or more
It’s a long painful journey but we have family who need us.
Please stop looking for reasons how you could have prevented this tragedy, I did that too and it sends you round in circles, what if, if only and why didn’t I do this or that.
Take care of yourself and try to stop being so hard on yourself.
xx