Loss

It’s now been 9 weeks since my Fiancé Wayne passed away 7/11/21, he was only 46, I’m still finding it so hard without him, as we lived together for 3 years his stuff is still where he left it I just can’t even move it, I’m crying every night not sleeping or eating properly, is anyone else going through the same as I’m struggling to come to terms with my loss my 3 teenage children as also suffering they weren’t his but looked up to him as their stepdad,

4 Likes

Hi Bex-9575
I am sorry for your loss , It is really early days for you, I lost my wife in Feb 2021, nowhere near ready to remove her stuff from the house, this is the last thing you need to be thinking about at this time, you need to be focusing on yourself, your children will need you to be there for them, lets not underestimate the impact this will also have on them. Just put one foot in front of the other for now, give yourself the time you need, there is no rush and no pressure. this site is a great place to express yourself with no judgement, we have all lost people we love here. please take care Tony O

2 Likes

Hi Tonyo42

I am trying but it still doesn’t seem real, I’m really not coping we should of been getting married this year cancelling things has been hard, I have half of his ashes now at home but I still can’t believe that’s him, did you go through the same the not eating properly or sleeping cos I’m having a terrible time with that.

2 Likes

Hi Bex-9575
Yes I did and still have trouble sometimes eating and sleeping, I have to get up during the week for work but at weekends I tend to stay in bed until at least 11.30 unless I have something to do, life alone is something I did not sign up for, I was married 38 years so life for me is completely different, I have my wife’s ashes at home, I find this a comfort. It will be a year on Feb 1st but feels like yesterday, I attend a Cruse zoom meeting on Wednesdays at 18.30, it has helped me a lot, I would recommend you contact them, you will meet people in the same position as us, all grieving and struggling with our situations, I have met some lovely people on the calls. I can imagine the pain and hurt cancelling the wedding must be causing you especially as you and Wayne would of been looking forward to a long life together. I still have tears an awful lot but we only cry due to the love we felt, as I say 1 foot in front of the other is the only thing you can do, I am here for you and thinking of you. I was told some time ago that when we loose someone special its like our brains freeze allowing us to just function and over time it slowly defrosts and we then have to face what comes our way. its a long journey!

2 Likes

Too long and hard