Hi
I lost my husband seven weeks ago today
I woke in the morning to fine he had passed
Suddenly and unexpectedly
We had been together for 44 years
Lost, lonely, sad and heartbroken :broken_heart:

4 Likes

Hello @Mo1960,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi,
I’m so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here with us all. Its a community none of us want to be a part of but everyone here is so full of kindness and i hope you can find some comfort in that.
Its hard to see what the point is sometimes but then forums like this make you realise we have a purpose in letting people know they are never completely alone.
Sending lots of love xxx

Thank you so much
I am so glad I came across this site, as feeling very alone, confused and overwhelmed at the moment.

Can only echo what has been said above, I think all of us here feel very lonely, sad, overwhelmed and many other horrible emotions, but this site is a really useful tool for helping each other talk and share feelings in a place where we are all going through very similar pain.

Take care

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

take care x

1 Like

Agreeing with you about us helping each other here and it makes us realise that even whilst we are suffering we can help others.

I even wondered whether I could train to be a grief counsellor. Not sure aged 61 is the time to begin training in something plus I don’t have much spare time with all the extra things I now have to do so haven’t looked into it any further. I just felt that at least having suffered the loss makes us able to understand more.