Loss

I lost my partner of 35 years on Saturday 17th February 2018. He passed in hospital 2 days after an operation. He phoned me on the Friday night before and that was the last time I spoke to him. The hospital rang me at 08:15 on Saturday morning and asked me to get there ASAP but I was too late he passed at 08:31. I have been busy phoning everyone who needs to know, Pension, bank etc. but everything is a haze and doesn’t seem real. I have never felt so empty.

Hi Weeping Willow

So sorry to hear about the recent loss of your husband. You must still be in shock. You will not be able to think straight for a while your mind goes into a complete fog. It’s a normal part of grieving. My husband died unexpectedly in his sleep in October. He was ‘fine’ the day before. (We had been married 32 years and together for 40) I remember those first few weeks were horrendous. My emotions were all over the place. Four months later it’s still so hard. I just take it one day at a time. This site has been a lifeline for many of us. It’s a place we can be ourselves and talk to others who really know what we are going through. So come back whenever you need to - we all understand.

Sending you a big hug

Yvonne X

Hi Weeping Willow
I’m so sorry for the loss of your partner, my husband Jack died on 6th December 2017, it’s been 11 weeks now and the loneliness is unbearable. I stayed at my daughters for over 4 weeks, and coming back to my home was very frightening. Don’t try to rush things, I didn’t start to sort out things like the banks etc for nearly a month. It’s so hard having to change everything into my name, I know what you mean about things not seeming real. I too feel so low and empty, I cry most of the time. I joined this forum and I think it helps a bit to be in touch with others in the same situation. Keep in touch, I’ll be thinking of you and everyone. Warm regards,

Janet x

Hi Janet1949

My son has been a great comfort to me and is doing a lot of the donkey work. Stuart’s death is now being referred to the Coroner, so there’s more delay. Even though I’m 59, I feel like a child, I was so used to Stuart being the strong one. Hopefully things will get easier. Thank you for your kind reply.

Weeping Willow x

Hi Yvonne

Stuart and I were together for 35 years, I keep thinking “ooh I’ll have to tell Stuart that” and waking up in the morning, it hits you straight away. I’ll keep reading the posts on here and hopefully this fog will start to clear eventually. Thanks for the support.

Weeping Willow xx