Lost and Lonely

Hi I’m feeling so sad I will tell you a story about myself.I lost my husband of 39yrs I was 18 when I met him and I loved him so very much and now he has been gone for 14yrs now.I was totally devastated for 3yrs life was hard trying to move on.Well I did meet meet someone a lovely kind generous man called Alan we got on so well and we grew to love each other even my daughter grew to love him.We were together for 10yrs he was diagnosed with prostate cancer could not believe it had happened to me again after losing my husband to cancer. Well the cancer spread pretty quickly and he died a few mths ago if it wasn’t for my amazing daughter I don’t think I would be here now.I find it hard everyday trying to carry on I’m 71 now and find i had 2 amazing men in my life but I feel so empty inside.My daughter lives only 25 min from me she rings me every day and see her on wkend she is 42 now and didn’t want children but she has a very good Job and so proud of her she has a lovely partner I try not to tell how I’m feeling
But she knows me to well I’m finding it so hard it’s so lonely and I am now suffering from depression how do I carry on.Thanks Maggie

6 Likes

I am so sorry this has happened to you twice… life can be so cruel… you’ve done the right thing by reaching out to people on here for support. All I can say is I understand that feeling of desolation as I feel the same… sending love to you :heart:… I hope things will become easier.

1 Like

Hi Maggie,
So sorry to hear of your loss. This is my second loss as well. The loneliness can really be the hardest part. At times I wonder how we can become so isolated when we lose our partner. And yet we are. You’ve found a place where we all understand these things because like you, we’ve lived them.
My heart goes out to you and know that you’re not alone in this sadness.

1 Like

Oh Maggie I feel your pain and I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that will make your agony any less but you are not alone in your struggle and we here understand and share your pain alongside you.
I lost my husband 6 weeks ago and I wonder how I can continue to live in this world with such a heavy burden, but it helps to hear that others sadly also suffer and have the strength to keep going, one moment at a time.
I send you my love and strength to just take it one small step at a time.
Big hugs.

1 Like

Thankyou so much for your very kind words and I hope
You all find some kind of peace and try very hard to carry
On it’s not easy and never will be without that precious
Person you have lost but I send you all my love and hugs
And I hope my amazing 2 men are not fighting over me in heaven and they are at peace Bless them both I will never forget them. :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Maggie 1981 I’m so sorry to hear your life story regarding your lovely husbands. It must have been hard for you to start again after your first husband died? But you did it. I hope things will start to improve for you. It’s hard trying to start a new chapter I think, especially for someone who is older. I am about the same age as you and I am finding it hard to move forward. I find the loneliness the hardest. Not having that special person to share things with. People just don’t understand how your life changes in every aspect when you lose a spouse. I hope things start to get better for you and all of us. Take care.x

2 Likes

Hi it hits you hard i try so hard to keep strong and I know so well how you are feeling and it cuts deep.I think with us getting older it will be very lonely without our husbands to talk to and share things with yes I have been through it once and it was so tough losing the love of my life. And I never thought I would meet one of life’s gentleman but I did and was happy again for 10 precious years and this time it has broken me I cry everyday and on antidepressants but we carry on.We are so used to going out and about and I will miss our holidays together as I could never go on own. So we have to keep going forward day by day and hopefully start our life on our own and find things to do to help us through it.
Take Care lots of love and hugs :two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hello maggi like you I am older 71 and lost my husband August 2022. No family and a few good friends. Find it hard to meet people or activities groups to go to at the this age feel sad lonely and isolated Take Care x

Hi Pakapa I am so sorry you are going through this terrible time. I am so pleased you have a few good friends to talk to.
I sometimes think people understand how we really feel and feel let down by someone you thought you knew well when you needed them at the worst possible time in your life I feel let down by some so called friends who haven’t been there for me.I hate the emptiness of the house and sitting alone on a night watching tv till late as I hate going to bed on my own and waking up to him not been there.Its tough but we have to get on with life even if it’s the life we once knew.But I really feel it for you we can get during the days but nights are so lonely.Keep your chin up hun and go day by day .lots of love and a big hug :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: xx

1 Like