Lost both parents, have morbid way of seeing life now.

my darling Mum passed away 4 years ago, which nearly finished me, she was my best friend, literally the love of my life, part of me went with her, until we are all together again, my dear Dad didn’t really want to be here anymore, but i always did my best to keep him going, look after him, he went into hospital a little while ago as he wasn’t eating properly, and was getting weaker, he was in 10 weeks, up and downs but i really thought he would come home, but he got pneumonia, he just couldn’t fight that, he passed away on the 28th Sept, i will leave it here for now, my partner seems to think i need help or to talk to someone,
just a lot going on in my head right now,
x

2 Likes

Hi Ellen,

I am so sorry for your loss…
What you are going through is a pain that you can’t imagine unless you’ve been through it…

I too have lost both my parents, my mum in 2007 and my dad in June 2020, then my maternal Nan in December 2020, who I spent time with everyday…
I don’t have any extended family, just my children who are grieving too…

I would highly recommend registering for Berevement counselling, Im doing it now and it has helped me to process and come to terms with the loss…

I wish you all the best, your not alone and speaking to someone who understands really helps…
Take care, Émma Xx

My partner said i needed something like that, even since my darling Mum, now Dad has gone as well, i always thought whats the point, it won’t change anything same as with contacting my doctor, no pills going to change how i am feeling about Mum & Dad.

its just other stuff, i don’t know if anyone can relate,
my step daughter, went onto her next school recently, from p6 to s1, and i noticed all the school books had been kept and put in our room, i said why to my partner and they said well you have to keep them, and in my head i am just thinking, like why, its just more for her to clear out when we are dead, and that seems to be my way of thinking at the mo, in a way its like i have written life of now all together, i’ve now obviously cleared all Mum and Dads stuff, a lot of which is now at my house, all they’re clothes, personal things etc.

anyway thank you for your reply and i am very sorry for yous loss, i truly know how you feel,
Hugs
KatherineE xx