Lost Dad 10 days ago

Please help. I can’t cope with this pain. I lost my dad 10 days ago to cancer and I am missing him so much. From diagnosis to death, everything happened so quickly. I don’t know how I’m gonna get through life without him. He was only 57. Please someone tell me there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

1 Like

Hello Kr576, so sorry and he was so young. Cancer is horrible and it’s hard to comprehend any of pain it causes, it’s early days on this grieving road but you will get through it because you need to be strong for other members of your family. Take small baby steps, there’s no rush and try to remember the good/funny times that bring a smile to your face. It will get better but he will always be with you, you are part of him and he is part of you.
Take extra care because you are very fragile. S xx

Dear Kr567, I really sorry for your loss. Your father was young and you would be very young as well. This is painful, losing our dad, I lost him 3 months ago. My heart goes out with you. It is such a terribly emotion rollercoaster, when we have to sit on. I think there is a light at the end of this tunnel, but we have to be patient, tolerant with ourselves. I feel that I have to think through everything in our shared life and our later life without him in body beside me. That’s why I am thinking and crying and reading and writing, and escape from the people and from home, and it is a little bit better. Send you hugs, write.