Lost Dad and close friend

My Dad passed away on 7th April. It was totally unexpected as he was very fit for his 87yrs.
I didn’t know that anything could hurt this much.
Then last Sat a deR friend also died unexpectedly.
I’m not coping…

3 Likes

Hello @Lynne66,

I’m Seaneen, the Online Community Manager. Thank for joining us and for sharing your experiences - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad and of your friend. It is completely understandable you might not be coping with two such devastating losses in such a short space of time.

I’m sure our members will be along to offer you support, but I wanted to share some of our resources which might be helpful, too:

If you’re finding that you’re struggling to cope day to day, I would suggest that you might want to contact your GP and talk through what extra support could be helpful right now.

I really hope you find the community helpful, and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

You are not alone, please keep reaching out; we are listening.

Take care,

Seaneen

1 Like

Hi Lyn my dad passed away unexpectedly too at 85 on 17 April. I feel lost , guilt , anger but what is worse is pure anxiety. He lived with me and I miss him . I don’t know where to turn or how to cope. I’m so sad to read other people are going through this as it is just the worst feeling ever. Xx

2 Likes

Hi there,

My dad passed away very suddenly of a massive heart attack on 30th April, he was only 53 and such a devoted dad. I spoke to him everyday and struggling so much every time I think about how I will never see or speak to him again.
I’d give anything for one more conversation. Completely know you feel. Sending love!
Sophie

4 Likes

Sending love to you all.

Sophie, I lost my mum 9 weeks ago unexpectedly (she was a very young in mind 70yr old and my best friend) I am having the panic of not seeing or speaking to her again but I think we can and do whether in our minds, hearts or through some creative expression like writing a letter to them. I think I knew her so well I almost know what she would say, she is truly part of me, the best part and I suspect it is like that with your dear Dad.

Best, Beki

1 Like