Lost dad in Dec 22

I am struggling to cope with losing my dad in Dec he was 92 and had been ill for a while, although his death was all very sudden, I feel I am not managing to mourn him the way I should as my husband died quite suddenly 4 days later, I feel so broken and struggling every day, dads funeral was a blur to me and my husbands next week. I don’t know if I can go on my life feels as though it’s over.

3 Likes

Hello @Mary.Mac,

I’m so sorry to hear about both your dad and your husband. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and you are struggling to cope.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

I’m so sorry to read about your loss . I too lost my mum and two weeks later my partner . Both had been become unwell quite quickly . My mum was 66 and my partner only 59 . My grief gets confused and sometimes I don’t think I’ve felt the pain of my mums death yet as my partners seems to be consuming me. I just find that I follow whatever my body is telling me . Each day at a time and sometimes hour by hour . It was only 13 and 11 weeks ago for me but I’ve allowed myself to feel whatever it is each day. Some Days I cry and stay in my bed and others I get up and organised . Unfortunately we have to learn to adapt to life without them , there is no other choice . Keep talking on here , people are very kind and expressing sometimes helps …. Sending lots of love x