Lost , empty and scared

How do i overcome this scared empty feeling i have? I feel like a little girl who cant cope without my dad . I lost him 3 weeks ago to a sudden heart attack. I want him back and to be able to hear his voice on the phone. He was my rock. He never judged me and helped me when i was down even though he was alone himself. I keep thinking i couldve done more and helped him

1 Like

Hi @ Juju1 ,

I’ve seen your post here and on the ‘Missing my Dad’ thread - I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad and the way you are feeling. It sounds like you are finding things really hard which is completely understandable given your circumstances. I wonder whether you might need some more support.

Samaritans are available day and night to talk about anything that you are worried about. You can call them for free on 116 123 or, if it’s easier to write things down, you can email them at jo@samaritans.org.

You can also use this link to find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline and the support available to you in your local area.

Sue Ryder also offers an online bereavement counselling service. It is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. If you would like to find out more information about this service, you can do here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

Thank you for bravely reaching out and for sharing how you are feeling. Please consider using these additional services so you can access the right care and support and, if you ever feel you are at risk of harming yourself, please call your GP and ask for an emergency appointment or 111 out of hours - they will help you find the support you need.

You do not have to struggle alone, @Juju1.

Take care,
Kate

1 Like