Lost husband

Its been a year nearly now and every morning i still fill on edge when i wake up is this normal

2 Likes

Mornings when I wake up are the worst for me too I feel really anxious when I wake up never had anxiety before and it’s 12 months for me.I have to get up really early and start moving around to take my mind off it.

3 Likes

I think many of us feel the same. It has now been 9 months for me and I feel anxious and depressed every morning not knowing how I am going to get through the day alone. I did try to get out every day, either for a walk or going to a local cafe but I have not been well lately (Shingles brought on by stress) so have not been well enough to get out and meet anyone. I too get up really early and start to do jigsaw puzzles to take my mind off it. I wish I knew what the answer is. May be in time it will get easier but I have to say I do not like living alone, having to do everything in the house on my own without being able to discuss it with anyone else. Not sure that will get any better.

2 Likes

It’s been just over three years and three months since I lost my partner. It has got a little easier, but the heartache has not left. Everyday I think about him, talk to him and still cry.
Life is so lonely now as we all know on here.
Take care x

3 Likes

Fourteen months in, and l still wake up, see the empty space next to me in bed and feel that awful first wave of grief of the day. Like @Alone1, l talk to my husband on and off throughout the day, and say goodnight to the empty space beside me each evening.

My work keeps me sane and l do see a bit of brightness in my life now and then, thanks to the grandkids, but it’s not the life l wanted or expected. I would give anything to have my old life back, however l know that’s not to be. l just take it day by day and try and cope with whatever is thrown at me x

3 Likes

Thank you to all your kind messages, ive just been out for a long walk and i read and do puzzles to, its not nice being on your own is it

2 Likes