Lost loved ones

If you could speak to your loved ones now what do you wish you could have told that you couldn’t then please don’t feel you have to answer this is just post to help you get rid of the thought for example I wish I had said goodbye when the paramedics said did I want to see her one last time I wish I had

1 Like

Hi Roses,

I often think about what you have written today but it’s very easy in hindsight to wish you had done something differently. At the end of the day you made the decision that was right for you on the day in question and nothing will take away the love you had for your mum.

My mum suffered a severe bleed on the brain and lay in hospital for almost 24 hours waiting to be declared brain dead. For that whole time I sat in the relatives room refusing to see her like that. I had dropped my mum at hospital a couple of hours earlier for a routine appointment. We were laughing and joking and I was picking her up again a few hours later.

I lived with my mum and we were best friends but I just couldn’t face seeing her dying and hooked up to life support.

I often question my decision and regret not holding her hand or sitting beside her. But I tell myself that I made the decision that was right for me on that day and I at least have a last memory of her walking into hospital completely unaware that she was going to die and her smiling at me waving.

I don’t think we need to go through the pain of saying goodbye.

Cheryl

2 Likes