Lost Mum and Dad in 7 months and not coping mentally

Hi,
I have come to this site through Louis Tomlinson’s sister just talking on TV about grief. I am really struggling emotionally.
My dear Mum, and best friend, passed away suddenly late February this year and my dear Dad passed away 7 months earlier. Until 2yrs ago they were both fit and well especially as they were in their late 80’s. I was long arm support for them both, if required, until my Dad went into a care home (Sept 18) after breaking his hip having fallen while in hospital (there lies another tale!) I went to stay with Mum, short term, when Dad went into hospital. Within 2 months of my Dad going into the home my Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s so my move in with her became permanent as her memory deteriorated quite quickly. I was unable to carry on working so had to give up my job in July 19, having been signed off with exhaustion in the April. I am happy not to have to go back to work especially as I was a Teaching Assistant and would have had to work through the pandemic, in fact I have decided to retire altogether. My partner of 12 months has been staying with me during the pandemic and I don’t know what I’d have done without him. I’m afraid to go out with the pandemic although my OH is back at work and very patiently trying to encourage me to go out taking all necessary precautions, but I’m still very warey.
The crux of it all is I’m an emotional wreckage and spend some part of everyday in tears. I just want to feel more like my old self, obviously life has changed so much but I want to get my ‘sparkle’ back.
Thanks in anticipation of any replies and recommendations.

Hi, you have been through a horrible time, made much worse by the pandemic, you did all you possibly could for your parents, and you are still grieving, there is no time limit to grief, you just have to go with the flow, I think you are probably depressed on top of everything else, have you been to see your GP, he might be able to offer you some medication or counselling, it will get easier, sending love xx

1 Like

I really feel for you I am the same lost my mum on 12th June in this terrible pandemic I also saw the telly today & joined this group as I can’t sleep or stop crying hoping for support xx

1 Like

It was seeing your message that made me decide to post Rebecca. Thank you.
Jacqueline

1 Like