Lost Mum and Sister.

Hi. I’m new here but I really needed a place to share my story. I’m Shannon, I’m 26 and I lost my Mum in March 2019 at the age of 46 to pneumonia, and then 10 weeks later on the 5th of June 2019, my beautiful sister was murdered by her ex partner. He then took his own life. Myself and my partner are raising my sisters two children. We already have a child of our own. Most days, I’m ok. But recently I am really, really struggling. I’ve never felt so alone. My heart hurts so much. I just wish the pain would stop. I’m so sorry we are all going through this. Sending love to each and every one of you x

Hi. Shannontierey94. Welcome. My goodness, that is all so very sad.
What has happened is real tragedy . You are helping others so much, and they all need love and understanding. You need to help yourself too and be kind to yourself. It’s confusing and difficult for a child at such times, and they need love and understanding. You will find empathy and understanding on here, very much so.
Try not to turn it into a ‘struggle’ with your emotions. Allow them to come. Emotions are natures way of relieving stress. The pain will ease, gradually and slowly, but you will never forget.
A year may seem a long time to some, but it is but a short time in grief. My wife died 20 months ago, and 2019 when by in a blur.
Time has no meaning in grief. We all do it in our own way and time. Nothing we do in grief is either strange or abnormal. It’s a very personal process.
Take care and come back and talk to us. This is the site no one wants to be on, but thank God for it. Blessings. John.

1 Like