Lost Mum Suddenly

Hello, today I lost my mum to a fairly horrific and painful ending in hospital. She’d been ill for just under a week. One of my main fears in life has always been losing my mum… I saw her 2-3 times a week and chatted several times a day and always made the most of my time with her, just the mightiest void now. My dad passed away 10 years ago, so I should take some relief that they are back together. I really just don’t know what I am going to do without her, she was the absolute best. I am filled with terror on the path that’s ahead and will seek solace in any advice. Every memory and event I think of goes back to her :heart:

1 Like

Dear @Lynno, I am so sorry that you have lost your lovely mum. She sounded like your rock. Like your mum, my dad died a horrific death in hospital, we just have to try and comfort ourselves that they are now thankfully at peace. Like your mum, my dad was my best friend and life becomes so sad when they are not here anymore.

My only advice is to take each day as it comes and to expect many sad days ahead. Grief takes time, it has been almost 6 months for me, and many days are a struggle, some people here are struggling after a year or more, but they do say that eventually things do get better.

Hi Abdullah, thanks so much for replying. Oh my mum really was my rock, She had the best heart of gold. I will try to take each day as it comes, good and bad. I know she’s gone and today I’ve picked up the phone to call her 3 times. The pain feels almost physical

Grief does feel physical. Many people describe it as if they’re drowning, and I can see why - there are times I have difficulty breathing, that’s what grief can do to people. There are a few women who have lost their mums and they talk about it at Missing Mum, you might want to post there and talk to them, they’re very nice and kind.

1 Like