Lost mum

I lost my mum suddenly in May from a heart attack I never got the chance to say goodbye and tell her I loved her. I don’t feel like I have had time to grieve as I have my dad to look after and I feel like I have noone to talk too.

4 Likes

Dear @Kes1

Welcome to the Community. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. With heart attacks they can happen so suddenly, but I am sure your mum would have known how much you loved her.

I am so glad you have come here to reach out and this forum is great for support and to chat. You can connect with members who have been in a similar situation as yourself by typing in the search bar Loss of a Parent.

There is information on Losing a Parent which will be of help to you. You do need to grieve and grieve at your pace. It is a journey of a rollercoaster of emotions with good and bad days.

I see by your profile you live in Yorkshire. There is a Grief and Loss West Yorkshire and Harrogate Service where you can talk anonymously on freephone 0808 1963833.

Cruse Bereavement have a helpline run by volunteers on 0808 808 1677 and are available to chat too also.

You are not alone, and we are all here to support you. If you need further information, please email online.community@suerydercare.org.

Please continue to reach out. Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

I am so sorry for you loss. I also lost my mum in May to cancer. And I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye.
I also look after my dad as he is now all on his own. I have 2 children to look after one being a young baby. My partner works twilight shifts and I feel very much alone. I don’t have anyone I can really talk to who knows how I’m feeling. And there is only so much of a ‘there there’ from your friends you can take.