Lost my 22 year old son

The only thing stopping me doing something silly is my other children,I really don’t want to be here anymore

Hi Justme72,

I am so very sorry to hear that you lost your 22 year old son. I cannot even begin to imagine what you’re going through, but please know that you’re not alone here.

Do you have someone close that you can talk to about how you’re feeling? You mention your children, but do you have a good friend or another close relative you feel able to share how you’re feeling with? It’s really important not to bottle things up - there are other members on this site who will understand what you’re going through, so keep talking to us as long as you feel that it’s helpful.

It sounds like you’re really struggling at the moment, which is completely understandable, and I would encourage you to see your GP or have a chat with the Samaritans (116 123). We also have an free online bereavement counselling service, with appointments available this week, if you wanted to talk things through with a counsellor.

Take care of yourself and let me know if there’s anything I can do to support you.

Best wishes,
Eleanor

I do know just how you are feeling having lost my son six months ago,its the worst feeling in the world all you want is your son back just like I do and every other parent that as lost a child…Your son will never leave you for he will always be part of you forever…Don’t be afraid to cry it shows the amount of love you had for him…
Thinking of you take care of yourself…With love Marina xx

So super saddened to read this. I am so so sorry for your loss. An awful parallel universe of pain. But your other children need you now and in their future more than absolutely ever. X