Lost my Adult Son

On the 26th of May this year 2019 my son who was 36yrs old went to sleep and didn’t wake up. He had been a fit healthy young man. I am not functioning very well.

1 Like

Dear PaulaD, how can we function with such a loss? My daughter died aged 28 on 6th June, from a brain tumour. As a Mum, you spend so much of your life looking after them, there’s no way you can just stop. Be kind to yourself. Just do what you can cope with. I can only function some days, and then not very well, I think from all I’ve read from other people, that’s a common experience. x

1 Like

I am so sorry this has happened. My 30 year old son died on the 29th September. It was sudden and unexpected. I relive the moment I heard the words “I’m sorry, we did everything…” again and again.
There are no words I can offer to bring comfort or ease your pain. What I have found as a useful resource is the Refuge in Grief Facebook page and a book by Megan Devine called It is OK you’re not OK.

1 Like

Our youngest daughter died on 25th July. We are devastated too and she had 3 year old little girl. Life is so cruel.
Some days I am fine with no tears then others like today, I break down again and again. Our granddaughter is wonderful as is her daddy but we all miss Lisa so much. Such a huge void they leave.
Love to all Kate xx