Lost my beautiful Nan 4 months ago

Hi, im Chelle,

I lost my beloved nan on the 12th Sept 2022, I practically grew up with her and my stepgrandad on their farm as a small child 8 till 12, My nan then moved to lanzarote in the late 80s. for many years i have been flying back and fourth to see her, Her partner passed away in 2002 and i became so so close to her, Her sudden passing has left me distraught and in so much pain, i try everyday to think of something positive but the pain is unbearable :broken_heart: :cry: i joined today as i have just finished bereavement councilling and this was reccomended to me. sending love to allโ€ฆ:heart:

1 Like

Dear @Chelle-luan

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your nan. I see that you are new to the Community, I do hope you will find it of comfort and support to you.

There are few resources I would like to share with you that may be of help and support to you as grief is a rollercoaster ride of emotions. There will be good days and bad days. Grief is a journey to be taken at your pace, it is not a race. I hope the Counselling was of help to you.

• self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief Grief Guide
  • Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This service is also useful for family and friends
  • Information on the Stages of Grief
  • Our Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through

You can connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself by typing in the search bar โ€˜Loss of Nanโ€™, the support is amazing. If you have not done so already it might be of help for you to book an appointment with your doctor to let them know you you are feeling and to see what support they can offer you.

Thank you for bravely reaching out, it is not always easy. You are not alone as we are all here for you.

Take care.

Pepsi

Thank you Pepsi, im learning slowly as iam new. Thank you for your message and the support links. Really appreciate your message

Chelle

1 Like