Lost my best friend at 26

Hello,

I am Phoebe 26 from England. I lost my best friend of 14 years to an eating disorder back in august. Although we knew she was unwell for a long time I just always held on to the hope she would recover and now feel silly for feeling that way. I have so much guilt to not having helped her more or pushed for things to happen but that’s just the system with eating disorders currently, people are left to die. She was the most beautiful and amazing person in my life and the only person I could talk to on a deep level and she would understand me. I’m feeling very alone right now and missing her a lot. I’m looking to speak to people who have been in similar situations. I know dying of an eating disorder isn’t the most common thing to relate to but that’s one of the reasons I’m feeling so lost.

1 Like

Hello @Feebcampbell,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling lost. I’m so sorry to hear about your best friend. Losing someone so young in such difficult circumstances must be devastating for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to take a look at this Sue Ryder article which you may find useful. Death of a friend | Sue Ryder Grief Guide | Sue Ryder Grief Guide

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex