Lost my best friend yesterday 💔

Lost my best friend yesterday and it hurts

Hello @Khilna ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

I lostmy life long friend 4 days ago it husts i loved her like a sister , im struggling because i also lost my darling husband and 16 months ago , im caring for my mum who has dementia and my dad is a poorly man too , sometimes my head feels like its spinning off my shoulders with hurt frustration and stress , life so cruel , i feels as if my other friends try to avoid talking about my greif if i message them with how im feeling they dont replay or they reply with a total different subject, i feel asif they think i should be over it they still got husband’s xx

1 Like

There’s no time frame for grief. I suppose people can only relate as far as they’ve experienced. I am so sorry for your multiple losses and the worry of loved ones you are now caring for. I cannot imagine how you are feeling or coping.

It’s been less than a week since losing my best friend and at the moment, I have people around me that are allowing me to be the way I need to be and going to work is helping me to distract my thoughts so I’m not sitting in metal paralysis all day.

It is so challenging to not have the person who I’d reach out to, to tell if I was upset or feeling any other emotion. I spoke to him as you might, a partner. We were each other’s company and support.

I feel better when not stopping myself talking about him, and I feel physically unwell and have lost any interest in eating, although I do make sure I eat sensibly to help myself not fall ill. I felt desperately lost and the pain was cutting, the first 3 days. I’m now feeling somewhat numb, as though nothing has happened.

1 Like

Thank you Alex

Thankyou bless you its hard its true what you said people probably dont realise the pain if it hasnt happed to them , yesterday i had my assessment for talking therapy i thought it would be hard talking to a stranger on other end of phone but she was really nice understanding i told her things i carnt tell my family and friends, like my dark thoughts etc , if anybody struggling plz reach out for help best wishes to you all x

1 Like