Lost my best mate/neighbour

Hi all,
I moved into the townhouse three years ago and instantly befriended my next door neighbour we just clicked.

We spent every single day texting for three years straight and saw eachother every second day, she was always at my house and we were always off doing something with many more plans for this year.

I’d spent the week leading up to Christmas sick in bed so didn’t have a chance to speak to my mate in person as I usually would. We just text.

I was there for her when she lost her younger sister 18 months ago a loss she could never overcome due to how close they were.

We used to joke and say we were seperated at birth because of how similar our lives/terrible upbringings were.

My mate was a single parent to an 11 year old and a 12 yr old, the 12 yr old was autistic and her behaviour was getting a bit much and she’d begged for help from her mother, help that never came.

At 3am on the 22nd I was woken up to my mates two daughters screaming at my door that Mum was purple, I bolted down my stairs and up to where my mate was thinking I was going to see her choking. Sadly it was so much worse. She was deceased. I gave her cpr for half an hr with my head turned away because I was so scared to look for too long. The medics worked on her for another 60 minutes but just couldn’t bring her back.

At 42 years old my precious friend died of a heart attack from an enlarged heart.

I keep reliving that nights events and replaying the conversations we had, even texting up until 11pm on the 21st and were due to join the gym together the day she passed.

I feel so sad and lost, and don’t know how to move forward. I haven’t been back to work yet but need to go back next week.

I know I’ll never have a friend like her again and know it’s fate how we met, I wish i could rewind time and have spent more time with her I hate that she’s gone.

1 Like

Hello @Bec211986,

Thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing your story with us. I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

It sounds like what you went through on the night she died was quite traumatic - please, do think about reaching out for support with this, if you think that talking about it could be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Hi, I just wanted to share I lost my neighbour a couple of years ago to suicide he was my best friend as well as neighbour. At the time I couldnt face looking at his house.
Recently I have lost my mum and have found this community really helpful and welcoming.
It is helping me cope with my grief and you won’t feel alone.