Lost my dad just before Xmas last year

Im struggling, my father died suddenly just before Christmas last year very unexpected and was a shock, we had the funeral in January but since then I’ve found myself struggling to cope with grief… i do have mental health problems and long term physical illness anyway but this has just set me back… i lost my mum in 2015 again total shock and i never really got over that and now my dad i dont have a partner i do have 3 children 2 grown up left home and one young teen who lives with me, i dont have any support from anyone i dont have friends to reach out too my daughters are busy with their own lives and have no interest in communicating supporting or helping me … im awake all night every night asleep in the day eating in the small hours just to keep functioning i dont leave the house feel numb most of the time desperately lonely and feel alone no outlet at all i just feel empty and sad and totally isolated. Dad was my go to person for advice to sound off too the voice of reason my confident especially after we lost mum i have no one now and i cant pull myself out of this pit im sinking into i just want to sleep but i have dreams most days about my parents or losing them its like on my mind in my head always. I dont know what to do or where to go.

3 Likes

Sorry you find yourself in a pit of despair its the price we pay for love i guess. Im sure your parents are watching over you and saying come on darling remember all the happy times when you was young.
I lost my dad in 2009 and still miss him as much i was the apple of his eye and he was my hero. I also lost my husband in 2021 somedays I’m ok ish then another day I’m a complete mess. We all grieve different so just take it day by day you say you have a young child so try to focus on her/him. I expect they miss there grandparents its so hard :sleepy:

1 Like

Hello @Tykkaboo,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your mum and dad that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex