Lost my dad yesterday

Aww Cordy.
I am heartbroken for you. I cant believe it. How truly sad.
I honestly have no words.
Just want you to know I am here for you when you feel like talking and so will everyone else be I am sure.
Am thinking of you bless you
Deborah x

1 Like

Hi, My dad passed away january 2nd this year after being in hospital for four weeks, He had a stroke but ended up with aspirations pneumonia… It was obvious to me that he wasnt going to survive due to the extent of his bleed and his existing heart condition and diabetes but the doctors kept him alive artificially. Im in a different way of thinking than you as i knew my dad was suffering with all the interventions and indignities. He was only 73 and didnt want to die :pensive: and he did put up a fight but his body was ready to go. It was the most heartbreaking situation for my sister and i and made worse by it being just us two dealing with it all. I cannot fault the hospital - i worked for ten years as a healthcare assistant so ive seen alot ). Love to you all who are grieving the loss of a loved one its truely the hardest thing ever. xx

3 Likes

I am so sorry. I have lost my father and it was devastating. I barely survived.
One night, I could feel my mind going insane, the pain was so bad.

I think that 73 is too young too. But he had you two and a full life.
He was lucky to have two children who loved him. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the new messages. I am so so sorry to hear of your loss too. I feel to pain in the words. I’m living the same pain 24/7.

My apologies I’m not writing all your names but I can’t see them on my mobile whilst I type this. I can so relate to those words, the agony of such loss. I’m there now, agony of losing my mum, no family except a hostile, spiteful older brother, which I won’t talk about (he didn’t even attend my dad’s small funeral a few weeks ago) but it makes loss even harder that I have absolutely no family, but I’ve had two or three supportive friends… I’ve already decided that in a few weeks or sooner if I can I’m going to start a (anonymous) podcast or YouTube channel to just be there for people going through this agony of grief… But that doesn’t bring back my sweet, simple ole mum who deserved so much more happiness than life gave her or my amazing dad who’d still be here now with me wrapping his feet in warm blankets and feeding him porridge, I have yet to put my complaints in to the ward for not letting him home and well my previous comments sum that sad outcome, I am tortured at night thinking the hell he went through detained in hospital against his will, I get tortured thinking about his distress. My apologies I always go on… Having anger inside about the things that went wrong for both my dad and mum doesn’t help… That’s why I Know I need to be there for others in the future going through such grief. My apologies again for writing so much, thank you for the new comments, so so sorry for the grief you are all going through…
Awe I’ll reply later as my phone just ringing now xxxx :yellow_heart::sunflower:

1 Like