Lost my dad

I lost my dad a few weeks ago (i cant believe im typing that) and i cant deal with it. He was totally let down by the nhs and now i have no faith in them and i honestly believe he shouldnt have died. Its his funeral in a few hours- i havent even been to sleep. To top it all off im 30 weeks pregnant and honestly if it wasnt for the pregnancy id have gone- i cant cope without him i dont want to live without him. I feel so alone i feel i have nobody and i feel the only person who ever cared about me was him. I dont feel like i can go on anymore

Hi foreverbroken,
I’m so sorry to see you have lost your dad and have to face the funeral today. Just take things hour by hour. The early days and weeks are so hard but things will improve and you have so much to look forward to with your baby in just a few weeks time.
I completely understand where you are coming from. I lost my beloved mum suddenly in june and I’ve not come to terms with it at all. I also lost my dad to a sudden heart attack when I was 27 and he was 53. My sister was expecting her first child and when the baby was born she brought so much joy to us all.
Its not going to be easy. I was awake at 4am thinking about my mum today and wondering how I’m going to go on without her. But I have to as I have a 13 year old daughter who needs me into her 40s like I had my mum.
Thinking of you today.
Cheryl x

Hello Foreverbroken,
I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your dad a few weeks ago. It sounds like you’re going through an awful lot at the moment and I’m sorry that you feel so alone going through this. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

I think you could really do with some support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org).

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. Please be aware that GPs and support services are not currently offering face-to-face appointments, but will usually be offering telephone or online alternatives.

You deserve care and support so please, Foreverbroken, get in touch with one of these services.

If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,
Eleanor