Lost my dad

Hi, I lost my dad a year ago, a recent relationship breakdown has triggered something in me and my grief at the moment is unbearable. I can’t sleep or eat, I’m crying nonstop. I really need my dad now to talk to and to tell me everything will be ok but obviously he can’t be here. I’m really struggling to hold it together

2 Likes

Hello, sorry for the difficulties you are going through. I guess it’s only natural to want your Dad’s support during this time when you’re feeling so emotional about a breakup. It brings back the loss into sharp focus. Do you have anyone else who might be able to support you? Xx

Hi Krossin

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - thank you for reaching out and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Big life changes can feel overwhelming when you are missing someone you love. It’s ok to not be ok - the community is here for you.

I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

1 Like