Lost my dad

I lost my dad 24 days ago and I’m really struggling. I have no one to help or support me. My husband is an alcoholic so I’m having to deal with him and my friends and family are expecting me to do everything for them still. I would just like some time out for myself to be able to grieve in piece, I would love to to be able to talk to someone how I feel without it being thrown back in my face.

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having such a tough time at the moment. Losing your Dad and having to support your husband, friends and family must be very difficult for you. It’s no surprsie that you’re struggling to do everything yourself.

You have every right to want some time out for yourself and grieve in peace. It’s really important that you’re able to talk about how you’re feeling. Do you have a close friend or family member that you can talk to? You mention that it gets thrown back in your face - tell me a bit more about that if you can.

There are lots of lovely supportive people on the forum who will understand how you’re feeling.

Keep posting & take care for now x

Hello, I lost my dad in February and am really struggling too. I am lucky that my friends and colleagues have been supportive but now the funeral is done it’s like I am expected to bounce back and just get on with things. I sometimes just go for a walk alone or with the dog so I get some time to think. I found that even though I knew my dad was getting older and less mobile, it was still a big shock when the time came and I somehow feel I have lost a bit of myself. I hope it helps you a little to know you aren’t alone xx