Lost my dad

I lost my dad on 20 January. Me and my sister cared for him and done everything we could. He passed away on 20 January 2024. His death is being investigated and it’s left us feeling lost x I just can’t seem to deal with him being gone or even understand the investigation. It’s so hard x

1 Like

Hello @Bethanyyoung1,

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds as though you’re feeling very lost right now. You are not alone - sadly many of our members have lost their dads too and will understand some of what you’re going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these links with you to help you with your grief.

You might already be familiar with our other Online Bereavement Support services, but if not, you can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

It can be really difficult when a loved one’s death is being investigated. The Coroner’s Court Support Service provide practical and emotional support. They have a helpline on 0300 111 2141 or you can e-mail helpline@ccss.org.uk.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen

I lost my dad mid December. It is devastating, confusing and painful. It is so recent for you and my heart goes out to you as I truly know the pain. You are not alone. You must allow yourself to grieve and not repress your feelings. Every reaction/ feeling is you processing what’s has happened, and is so necessary as you navigate what has happened. I believe we are wired to be able to cope with such a loss, eventually and gradually in our own time. Please be gentle to yourself and do what you need to do to find any sort of comfort. X