Lost my dad

Hi I have just lost my dad very suddenly and I just don’t know how to cope or what to do
I have everything to arrange on my own as I was a only child and no real other family apart from my own children
I feel so overwhelmed and don’t think I’m processing and accepting that he has actually gone

1 Like

I lost my mum in December 2022 two days before Christmas I’d cared for her for six years and still to this day I find it hard to cope I have an older sibling but he has his own life so don’t see him a lot . I get very lonely but if you need a chat I’m here x

So sorry for your loss , it can feel very overwhelming . I lost my Dad very suddenly in Decemeber and my Mum again very sudden last week. I am trying to deal with all the arrangements as there is only me , my sister sadly passed in 2011. Please know your not alone and if you would like to talk please reach out to me, even a private message if you would feel more comfortable. Be gentle on you

I’m so sorry for your loss I can only imagine how you are feeling
This is really my first time loosing anyone close to me since when my grandparents passed I was only young
I just don’t understand my feelings
Sometimes I just feel numb the next I just want to scream and shout at everyone and then I’m crying my eyes out
Other times for a few minutes it’s almost like I forget and think that he is still here and then I hate myself for forgetting and the guilt overwhelms me
It’s just such a rollercoaster and with trying to organise the funeral and his will and everything else as well just seems to much

It isnvery much a rollercoaster , one which you wish you could jump off. Im in the process of trying to organise my mums service , we do have a date now which is good. Please take time out for you too and remember all the feelings you have are natural, cry , shout do whatever helps you in that moment x

Oh god, I am so sorry to hear that, I am in my mid 20’s and I lost my mom suddenly in Oct, she was fine and talking and laughing but at midnight 2 am she just disappeared within 2 mins, its exactly been 6 months and I have gone through a lot of emotions, I cry for hours still, work part time and all alone, this community helped me and I hope it helps you, please reach out if possible to your children or anyone you trust and talk as much as possible. Please take care of yourself

Unfortunately I don’t have any children and I’m single and never been married and I only have very few friends who have busy lives so I spend most of my time on my own and get very lonely

Jenny if you are comfortable you can text me on private message or if you want to connect please tell me, Ik its a tough time and all I can say is please keep posting in this community whatever emotion you are feeling. I will always reply on dm but take care of yourself is all i can say. May be try yoga or meditation too.

Thanku so much for your support
I’m unsure how to do a private message this is all so new to me x

Ian so sorry for ur loss
It’s the worst feeling ever isn’t it
I feel that the people close to me are fed up of me going on about it and just seem to carry on
But I can’t let go yet it’s only been a week and I haven’t even had his funeral yet how am I just meant to act like everything is normal

Its okay, you can just click on my name and find private message box. I understand it is all new to you so take your time and reach out whenever you feel emotional or just want to talk

Take your time, talk to people who understand and not think about anything else