Lost my daughter, best friend

Hi I’m new on here but I’m really struggling you put the face on and carry on when all I want to do is curl up and cry. I lost my daughter in April 25th at 33 . She was diagnosed with breast cancer at 24yrs and battled right till the end when it got in her lungs and then to her brain. She stayed with me at the end and I cared for her . I held her and kissed her as she passed in my arms in my bed. her last day was horrible it pained her all day till I held her and told her it was OK I had her always, and I felt the life leave her body, But I’m trying to be strong for her son, my grandson. I’ve just found out my son in law is seeing someone else and has been for 3 months . I don’t think I can deal with this the pain is still so raw I miss her everyday and every second. And don’t understand how he can do this .
I think about her all the time I ring her phone to hear her voice mail. I shunt be here it shud of been me and not her, she had a life and young family .

2 Likes

Hello @Member348 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I’m glad you have found us, but I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter that brings you here. I hope you find the community to be a support to you.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

Hello

I’m very sorry. How special that your daughter had you with her.

1 Like

@Member348
No words really, just sending you some hugs, and so sorry
Be strong as you can, continue to express your feelings and know your daughter knew how loved she was, a special bond that can’t be broken, she will be with you forever x

2 Likes

Hello Member348 - I am so sorry that you are suffering this terrible loss. I think I can understand how you feel, as I also lost a beloved child in April - my son died from a brain tumour.
We all loved him very much and miss him terribly. He had a lovely wife and two children. I am trying to support them as well as dealing with my own grief.
I’m sorry it’s come as a shock to you that your son-in-law is seeing someone else. I hope you can come to terms with that. As a mother, you will never move on, but people tell me that the pain eases in time, and it’s possible to go on living a useful life. Your grandson is lucky to have you, I hope he brings you some comfort and joy.
To lose a child is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. No-one expects to outlive their children, it’s the wrong way round. I hope you find that sharing your grief with others on this site will be helpful. You are not alone. Thank you for sharing your story. Take care.
With love - SusanJ :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I lost my beautiful daughter in July 2020 always to breast cancer . She was 31. 29 when first got breast cancer then got secondary cancer very quickly after . She got married one week after her last chemo . She was so so brave and we were so so close .miss her so much . I was with her when she died it was more sudden than we thought and I had to give her CPR whuch was awful . Her husband had moved in with someone else not sure how long they been seeing each other . I’m just heartbroken

2 Likes

So sorry, lost for words but sending a huge Hug x

I know how you feel it is so painful especially wen their so called love of their lives moves on so quick .
My heart is with you xxx